At Buxted CE Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and well-being of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable. Anyone at any time may require additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We offer differing levels of support:
Universal Support- To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum; promoting and developing the concept of resilience for all.
Additional support- For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences, such as bereavement.
Targeted support- For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions, such as well-being groups or personal mentors.
Lead staff member:
Jan Goldsmith: Mental Health and Emotional Well-being Lead
The Gratitude Project: 2019-20
…is a project our School is currently engaged in, which will help both the children and the teachers to build and protect their mental health. In our everyday lives we face many difficult experiences which impact upon us, however, as a school we are learning together, strategies, which can help us to overcome such challenges and adversities, to enable us to become resilient, happy citizens.