Learning at Buxted is supported by a broad, balanced and sequenced curriculum that is designed to be both challenging and rewarding. It’s structured around three core principles – Discover, Explore, Create.
The Buxted curriculum aims to:
- Provide an extensive curriculum with an emphasis on high standards in reading, writing and maths
- Provide high quality teaching experiences, which excite and motivate children in the classroom and beyond
- Provide opportunities to learn about the unique setting of the school within the Parish of Buxted and the High Weald area
- Provide enrichment opportunities where learning and teaching can take place beyond the classroom and at times involve the wider community such as parents and carers
- Provide children with the opportunity to succeed not only in statutory curricular subjects, but to participate in and engage positively with a range of artistic, musical, sporting and cultural experiences
Each topic is planned and delivered to be meaningful and engaging for all members of the class, whatever their ability. At all stages of learning, children are encouraged to develop a growth mind-set and to be unafraid to take risks.